Monday, May 11, 2009

Thoughts on Finals

Blog, I am so ready to be DONE. It's not even funny at this point. It is finals week. I am sick. I am tired. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired, Blog.

I have nothing else to really say except for this: I am an undergraduate. I, legitimately, have nothing to offer to the academic community at large. Or the economy. I do not pay taxes because I do not work. I do not do research because I am not a graduate student. I am about as useless as minors are, except maybe even more so because after this year my mom will not be able to claim me and my schooling as a tax deduction.

As an undergraduate, I can not reasonably be expected to provide an answer to this question: "How can we solve World Problem X?" Umm...First of all, obviously, if something had been shown to be effective already there would be no need to even ask us that question. Secondly, I am an UNDERGRADUATE. No answer I could possibly provide would even approach brilliance to the point of being even remotely relevant. It would be irresponsible for me to speculate.

But of course, I cannot write that on my International Relations final.

No comments: